Friday, 14 August 2015

Task 6- Student Music Video Analysis

From looking at these music videos, I now have a rough idea of what I am capable of when I come to making my music video. I know what kind of editing skills and cinematography skills have been used when the students made their music videos. I have also learnt about what makes a music video weak such as special effects, sloppy editing and slow songs as I have learnt from watching some music videos. The first music video I looked at got a B which I agree with as the rise en scene is really good and well thought about, there is minimal editing or cinematography as the whole music video is one long take which is very impressive but also shows no camera or editing skills and the lip-syncing is all in time. The second music video got a D which I also agree with because mise en scene, cinematograpy and lip-syncing was all very poor, the use of editing was okay as they showed their skills throughout the music video but the whole concept of the music video was very poor. Finally, the last music video I analysed got an A which i agree with as this video looked like a professional music video and was very well done. They shot their music video in a studio which shows they went out of their way to go to a studio to film their video. The rise en scene and editing was very god as they used an editing software they had to pay for, they also showed off various different camera angles which probably had an influence on their mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment